Sunday 1 January 2012

Why brainmeza?

Well first of all, EVERYBODY's blogging about something nowadays so why can't I?

Second, I've been writing pretty much all my life. Most of it is hidden away in shoe boxes in my cupboard back home. The rest of it is on notebooks, napkins, Word files, and bits of paper scattered around everywhere I've ever been. It might be time to store it safely in cyberspace.

Third, I may not have anything interesting to blog about, but mostly I'm curious to see whether I do.

(Other reasons include the start of the New Year, new beginnings, me suddenly finding myself with a lot more time on my hands, etc etc, but having just three reasons makes it all nice and compact. The point is, I have REASONS for starting a blog, it's entirely justified, it's not just something random I just came up with because I'm bored.

Ok maybe it is. But so what?)

So here it goes.

Why did I call it brainmeza? Because I've always been interested in brains. So interested in fact that I decided to do a PhD in neuroscience. I also love meza (as long as I don't have to prepare it myself!), and it seems to me like a neglected combination. I might at some point blog about interesting neuroscience-related things (making the name fit even better), but for now it's just a taste of all the various things that are currently taking up space in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment